Free verse poems by teens on a variety of topics | Teen Ink

Free Verse

Most recently submitted Free Verse Poems

Poetry
By cuuteCAS3 BRONZE
Woodbury, Minnesota

The Alpha, Victorious leader He's the vile, vicious tiger Paws away at his meal, Sitting on his throne One step ahead, but always stays back The snake hides himself in...
cuuteCAS3 BRONZE, Woodbury, Minnesota

Poetry
By el-oh-el PLATINUM
Maloney Gardens, Other
el-oh-el PLATINUM, Maloney Gardens, Other

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, and fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small doesn't serve the world. There's nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We are born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us, it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.
-Marianne Williamson

Poetry
By el-oh-el PLATINUM
Maloney Gardens, Other

-Marianne Williamson

Poetry
By el-oh-el PLATINUM
Maloney Gardens, Other

-Marianne Williamson

Cecile SILVER, Reston, Virginia

"Keep the lies alive"

Poetry
By AlexHeller DIAMOND
San Mateo, California
AlexHeller DIAMOND, San Mateo, California

Live with intention. walk to the edge. listen hard. practice wellness. play with abandon. laugh. choose with no regret. continue to learn. appreciate your friends. do what you love. live as if this is all there is. -Mary Anne Rabmacher

XX_UnknownHero_XX BRONZE, Denver, Colorado

"With great power, also comes great responsibility"

Poetry
By max1994zi BRONZE
Snohomish, Washington
max1994zi BRONZE, Snohomish, Washington

"My momma always said life was like a box of chocolates, you never know wha you're gonna get"

-Forest Gump

Poetry
By max1994zi BRONZE
Snohomish, Washington
max1994zi BRONZE, Snohomish, Washington

-Forest Gump

Poetry
By CH01C3 BRONZE
Hartland, Wisconsin
CH01C3 BRONZE, Hartland, Wisconsin