The Truth behind Haiku | Teen Ink

The Truth behind Haiku

By Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

"The people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world are the ones who do."
—Apple’s “Think Different” commercial, 1997
“Crazy people are considered mad by the rest of the society only because their intelligence isn't understood.”
― Weihui Zhou

Within seventeen
syllables, one can find more
than in a novel.

Sometimes haiku can be deeper than long poems.

Mckay ELITE said...
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

― Weihui Zhou

You're welcome. At the same time, thank you for the feedback. I appreciate it. And how I do it, I'm not sure. I'm just writing whatever comes up in my twisted mind most of the time. ^u^

Superhero_Fan SILVER, Tomorrowland, California

"Impossible; for How many people did you know who refracted your own light to you?” - Fahrenheit 451

That was awesome! Your haikus are wonderful! How you fit this much meaning and depth in a poem with so few words, I'm clueless! This poem really explained to me what haikus are. Thank you. ^-^

Waistband GOLD said...
Waistband GOLD, Hudson Falls, New York

"What's right is what's left if you do everything else wrong." Robin Williams

Don't mention it. I'm glad that it means so much to you. :)

Mckay ELITE said...
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

― Weihui Zhou

Embrace haiku. They're so much fun to write. Thanks.

HazelGrace said...
I have no words. This is absolutely brillaint. As a wordy person myself, I often fail to appreciate the simple beauty and genius haikus. This one has defnitely almost has me changing my mind. 

Mckay ELITE said...
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

― Weihui Zhou

Thanks. You really know how to decipher my poems. Thanks. That mean like everything to me. 

Waistband GOLD said...
Waistband GOLD, Hudson Falls, New York

Dude that was the deepest thing that I have ever heard in a haiku. Because that is so true. It doesn't matter how many words you put into something, all that matters is the amount of emotion and meaning behind the words you say. This haiku is genius.

Mckay ELITE said...
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

― Weihui Zhou

Ah, my child, you have reached enlightment. *gong*  -_- XD I'm happy to have opened your eyes to open your eyes with the beauty of haiku. I love the genre of haiku. I find them fascinating. How someone can express so much in so little. By the way, I've written tons of haikus lately like this one. Makes me seem psycho for haikus. You should totally write one. Or many. Once you start, you can't stop. Thanks for the feedback, Lexus. ^u^

LexusMarie PLATINUM, Las Cruces, New Mexico

The more control you have over yourself, the less control others have over you.

Hey hey hey, buddy ole' pal! You know my feelings towards haikus and you also know that they are growing on me as I read them. I think this one may be a deal-breaker for me as it has opened my eyes. I would try to make myself write them or just enjoy them and I was like there are SO little lines, even less than the smallest poems I've read, and I just did not understand haikus. But I'd read them and they grew on me. This one just said it all and explained to me why haikus are haikus and why I should treasure the little beauties and not take for granted their length as they mean a lot. And I agree with your author's comment and I thank you for opening my eyes, wise one. (: