time goes by | Teen Ink

time goes by

By cheywan♥♥ DIAMOND, Fritch, Texas
cheywan♥♥ DIAMOND, Fritch, Texas

walking forward is an neverending challenge!! ):

what makes time pass on so faithfully
what is his motivation
in death and life he walks so straightly
always in the same direction
and what is his mission to carry out
in that does he succeed
is there anyone time cares about
anyone he doesn't leave
and when time looks back at his trail
and everyone is gone
will time be happy with what he sees
or will time regret when he moved on
or the moments he moved to fast to see

Nana_ BRONZE said...
Nana_ BRONZE, Williamsport, Pennsylvania
1 article 1 photo 5 comments

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney

"No one is born with a purpose, a purpose is born because of you." - Nana

This sonnet is good, but it doesn't use iambic pentameter (ten syllables, five stressed, five unstressed). also, there aren't fourteen lines, which are in a sonnet (abab cdcd efef gg)  But I love the poem!  Very well written.

SaphiraBrightscales DIAMOND, Islamabad, Other

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.
- Maya Angelou
When i was little/I used to point a chubby finger toward the dark sky/And ask my father/why some stars moved and others didn’t/He would laugh and explain that some were airplanes/I still wish on them today ~ Laugh-It-Out
The feathers of a crow are black/The ink of my pen is blacker/The pain of my heart is blackest~ Mckay
If love produced a blossom/I’d take it in my palm/What a blessing, the bright color!/How soothing, such a balm!/I’d keep a petal for my own/The rest, drop from my hands/For such a flower would multiply/And populate the lands~ thesilentraven
And I began to rival legends/Long entombed before my birth./But for all my much envied fame/The lust for more would not abate./The plaques and prizes with my name/Will, like all things, disintegrate. ~ TheEpic95 now known as Helena_Noel

WOW this is such an amazing personification> I love this poem..Especially the last few lines. They're just EPIC!

Milo! said...
I really love this. I really like how everyone can relate to this. I hope you keep writing, because this is great. You should check out some of my stuff. I think you would like it.