You & Me | Teen Ink

You & Me

By bluemagnet22 PLATINUM, Dearborn Hts, Michigan
bluemagnet22 PLATINUM, Dearborn Hts, Michigan

You were born an origanal why die a copy?The secret to success is the consistency to pursue.To the world you may be one person,but to one person you may be the world.To receive the right answer,you must ask the right question.Don't worry be happy! :)

I saw you today,
But you're not as I remember.
Your eyes no longer sparkle,
You've changed since last September.

You were so full of life,
Yet now you are so cold.
Your personality has tarnished,
When you once had a heart of gold.

You fell out of my life,
Just like leaves in the fall.
We were so very close,
Now you're not here at all.

You saw me today,
I'm the same as you remember.
My eyes still sparkle,
I've not changed since last September.

Isn't it so sad when you see an old friend and their whole personality and outlook on life has changed...and not for the good. Well that's what inspired me for this poem...I hope you enjoyed it

GuardianAngel13 SILVER, Piscataway, New Jersey
OMG. this made me nostalgic, this is truly wonderful :) i love it<3 keep writing :)

enchanted BRONZE, Vallonia, Indiana
Fantastic job. The best thing I have read on this site so far, I loved it. Magnificent!! :)

sarahxinsane921 SILVER, St. Charles, Missouri

Honestly, This Is A Wonderful Piece Of Work, And I Wish I Could Say I Written It Myself. :)

StormyxD SILVER, Winter Park, Florida

"Late at night my mind would come alive with voices and stories and friends as dear to me as any in the real world. I gave myself up to it, longing for transformation." - Jo March, Little Women

I love this poem, I remember reading it this summer. I can't believe it hasn't been published. It speaks to so many people. It deserves to be in print.

Bnubbs PLATINUM, Goshen, Kentucky

Let it be! All you need is love!

this is a really extremely good poem!! i love it soooo much and its so very true. thank you VERY much for writing this. its inspiring (at least it is to me) and i would like it if you checked out my poems too. and if you wrote more poems and sent them to me. i would REALLY like to read more of your poems. :) keep writing!!

kitkat522 said...
kitkat522, Monopolis, Massachusetts
You need to move this to a new section, it's not a sonnet at all. Your poem has twelve lines and no metre.

eelrtb BRONZE said...
eelrtb BRONZE, Spotsylvania, Virginia
this is great!  people can definitely change right before your eyes.  It really hurts when people change and they dont even realize it, no matter how many times you tell them to change back.

ErisRose DIAMOND, Ashburn, Virginia

Omnia vincit amor et nos cedamus amori- Love conquers all let us yield to love
Sweat Dries, Blood Clots, Bones Heal, Suck it up and dance!
If they give you ruled paper, write the other way

I love this so much... It is so true though, that other people can change so much, but you might not.

bballchic_34 BRONZE, West Bend, Wisconsin

"When I step onto the court, I don't have to think about anything. If I have a problem off the court, I find that after I play, my mind is clearer and I can come up with a better solution. It's like therapy." ~ Michel Jordan

Love this poem, awesome job!

Alcanno DIAMOND, Mexia, Texas

"If you love life, don't waste time, for time is what life is
made up of."

-- Bruce Lee

This is so powerful and heartfelt. I can relate SO much and the flow you put into this is beautiful. I definitely enjoyed this. Could you check out some of my stuff if you get a second? Thanks and keep writing!

Thank you so much! I apreciate the compliment!

That they are

I'm sorry, I hope the best for you and that significant person

Thank you, I try to make my poems as relatable as possible even when its something you wish you didn't relate to

Thank you I am glad that you enjoyed my poem, I'm sorry that you can relate though.It is so hard to see someone change right infront of your eyes

holly.nicole SILVER, Templeton, Massachusetts

"It's Only Awkward, If You Make It Awkward."

oved this peom it makes me not want to grow up...but then it makes me excited at the same time(: and I know I do not wanna change anything about....just incase someone I "remember has not changed since last Semptember"!! (:

SpringRayyn PLATINUM, Lakeville, Minnesota

"Don't punish yourself," she heard her say again, but there would be punishment and pain, and there would be happiness too. That was writing."
--Markus Zusak, "The Book Thief"

I love how you linked the beginning to the end like that! I can totally see what you mean.

i love this!! its a great poem!! keep writing :)

BroadwayBoundOK BRONZE, Moore, Oklahoma

"I regard the theatre as the greatest of all art forms, the most immediate way in which a human being can share with another the sense of what it is to be a human being." -Oscar Wilde

When reading this, I dont really think of a friend. i think of a guy. This is exactly what happened.

I love this. One of my favorites!!

PoeticGurl808 SILVER, Bear, Delaware

Be True 2 Yourself...!

I know just what you mean. It makes you kind of sad, especially if you and that person were really close. When you see them, all you think about is the good times you two had...and wish you still could.