You & Me | Teen Ink

You & Me

By bluemagnet22 PLATINUM, Dearborn Hts, Michigan
bluemagnet22 PLATINUM, Dearborn Hts, Michigan

You were born an origanal why die a copy?The secret to success is the consistency to pursue.To the world you may be one person,but to one person you may be the world.To receive the right answer,you must ask the right question.Don't worry be happy! :)

I saw you today,
But you're not as I remember.
Your eyes no longer sparkle,
You've changed since last September.

You were so full of life,
Yet now you are so cold.
Your personality has tarnished,
When you once had a heart of gold.

You fell out of my life,
Just like leaves in the fall.
We were so very close,
Now you're not here at all.

You saw me today,
I'm the same as you remember.
My eyes still sparkle,
I've not changed since last September.

Isn't it so sad when you see an old friend and their whole personality and outlook on life has changed...and not for the good. Well that's what inspired me for this poem...I hope you enjoyed it

WinterGreer SILVER, Wasilla, Alaska

dance like no one's watching/ love like you've never been hurt/ sing like no one's listening/ live like heaven is on earth

Well you can still have a sonnet without the iambic pentameter can't you? I just learned about sonnets in honors english and the iambic pentameter and stuff but our teacher told us that we could write a sonnet without that. Do they ALL NEED THAT EVERY TIME?

shayKittyFlcoka GOLD, Blockingham, Illinois

I don't give my emtions to people who dont matter to me. you cant make me angry, happy, sad, or watever unless you count.

love this poem..shows howb ppl change we no one is lookin. great job!

grace1017 said...
You're right! This isnt a sonnet. A true sonnet has iambic pentameter. Which means the each line has ten syllables each. A true sonnet also has 3 stanza's and one closing statement with two lines. The first stanza needs to have a problem. The second is for when the problem gets worse and the third is a possible solution. The last two lines in the closing statement are for the solution. ALL LINES MUST HAVE TEN SYLLABLES EACH. (I did all caps to make it obvious or something... i dunno.)  Mmkay well yeah thats how to write a sonnet...

love_bird said...
love_bird, Guyton, Georgia
this is really good! i wish i could write one like this  

VickyNickyKitty SILVER, Lincolnton, North Carolina

Praise him with the tambourine and dancing; praise him with strings and flutes!
-Psalm 150:4

I loved this poem.  It was one of the most beautiful poems that I have ever read.  I think that everybody can relate to this poem in some way.  Wonderful job!

1stclasspoetrylover GOLD, Highland Village, Texas

Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment.
by Buddha

Really beautiful work. It almost brought me to tears becuase it reminded me of a very close friend of mine that I lost. He/she becmae a different entity when i saw them; lost in negative thoughts and drained of life. Friendships can last forever, and we will remember them, but sometimes those memories about them are the only thing that we can relate to, because the current state of our friend(s), aren't like they use to be. Thanks again

IfLifeGivesYouLemons PLATINUM, Sacramento, California

When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down 'happy'. They told me I didn't understand the assignment. I told them they didn't understand life

It's a greay poem...but it's not a sonnet. There isn't a defined meter to it, and (please correct me if I'm wrong) I believe the rhyming pattern is wrong. It's an excellent piece of writing, but it's in the wrong category. 

MidnightWriter SILVER, Ontario, Other

Writers are a less dangerous version of the career criminal. Everywhere they go, they see the potential for the perfect crime. The difference is that writers have better self control.

I met a friend on the city bus a week and a half ago. I hadn't spoken much to him in over a year. I guess he gave up on me. Anyway, I understand that lifeless feeling we see in someone's eyes. It's like looking into the face of a stranger, even though we used to know almost everything about them; we don't anymore. They don't know us. We have to leave it that way. 

Chloenhearts said...
Im not sure if you turned this in for a grade in school, but your poem was amazing. And sad. lol. But your rhyme scheme was off and so was the lines in the paragraphs. Soo I kind of changed your poem a little and hopefully you wont care if I turn it in as a grade. So it goes: (line 1)I saw you today, but youre not as I remember. (line 2) Your eyes no longer smile (line 3) Youve changed since last september (Line 4) I would travel for that old you miles and miles. 2nd paragraph: (Line 1) In my life you were cherished. (line 2) But now our relationship has went cold (Line 3) Your personality has tarnished (Line 4) Now that your heart is no longer gold 3rd paragraph: (Line 1) You fell from my arms (line 2) Just like leaves in the fall (Line 3) Sound the alarms (Line 4) Because your not apart of me at all. Couplet: (Line 1) You saw me today, the memories the same. (Line 2) My eyes still burst with fire, my love forever tamed. Sorry for the change but I just figured it would be respectful to show you, maybe it would help. The rhyme scheme and pattern/set up is now fixed. Thanks!

CallMeAlex98 said...
CallMeAlex98, Phiadelphia, Pennsylvania

"There are things that we don't want to happen but have to accept, things we don't want to know but have to learn, and people we can't live without but have to let go."

I feel the same way about my ex-bestfriend. 

Lea28 said...
This is so good. Keep it up !

dotsonboy99 BRONZE, Baton Rouge, Louisiana

yolo

this was a very unique and well written.

MyFinalDestiny GOLD, Central City, Pennsylvania

"stay golden" the outsiders

when i recently started school this year i came back and my cousin who i love dearly who comes to my school has begun to dis life and i am afraid of losing her

TheSkyOwesMeRain GOLD, Irvine, California

Life isn't measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments which take your breath away.

You are only as strong as your weakest link.

aww :( I know what that feels like!

Misfit95 said...
Misfit95, Dover, Ohio
what a sad poem :/ i can relate to this

CelebrateDifferences, Long Island, New York

“Gods of Olympus.” Piper stared at Leo. “What happened to you?”
His hair was greased back. He had welding goggles on his forehead, a lipstick mark on his cheek, tattoos all over his arms, and a T-shirt that read HOT STUFF, BAD BOY, and TEAM LEO.
“Long story,” he said.”

What a beautifully sad poem! This is similar to what happened to someone I thought i knew.... Keep up the great work!!

jaclynpee BRONZE, Bellevue, Ohio
My ex best friend and i stopped talking about a year ago.  This poem reminds me of a few weeks ago i seen her walking, she looked so miserable.  

jaclynpee BRONZE, Bellevue, Ohio

DanceOfBlades PLATINUM, Springfield, Virginia

"Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost. That is alchemy's first Law of Equivalent Exchange."

I love how it's so simple and quiet. It gives the perfect feeling of the sadness we feel when someone close has changed and we're left alone.

Sweetie2toCute SILVER, Brookyln, New York
i really like this poem because it reminds me alot of myself and how ppl feel bout me and how ived changed. but as people only see wats on the outside as to wat we feel on the inside.