Who is Who? | Teen Ink

Who is Who?

By RyanM. PLATINUM, Klamath Falls, Oregon
RyanM. PLATINUM, Klamath Falls, Oregon

"Those who deny the darkness in their hearts, are the ones who fall deeper into it."

You say you know me, but you don't.
You say you're here for me, but you're not.
You say you'll hurt me, but you won't.
You say you're special, but you'll just rot.

I say I know you, but I don't.
I say I'm here for you, but I'm not.
I say I'll hurt you, but I won't.
I say I'm special, but I'll just rot.

You are me.
I am you.
We'll all see.
There's no such thing as who.

RyanM. PLATINUM, Klamath Falls, Oregon

See. It's people like you who keep me writing. Who make sure I know I'm not alone. That my words aren't just read. They're heard and understood. I try to be honest and to the point with everything. People try to say poetry is all about being vague. It's really not. You can say things in a different way while still presenting the message in a clear atmosphere. I truly believe as long as people like us continue to push the truth. That we'll all be okay in the end. Thank you. :)  

TheComet PLATINUM, Mostaganem, Other

"Speak when you are angry and you will make the best speech you will ever regret" -Ambrose Bierce
" Be yourself! Everybody else is already taken ;)"
"Don't go where the path leads you. Go instead where there's no path and leave a trail ;)"-R.W.Emerson

RyanM. You wanna know what I mostly love about your poems and the way you write?! Well actually it is because you always find the right words to say to make the truth and reality come out. I so admire you for being honest and direct. You don't conceal life for a fairytale cuz obviously it isn't!!! The msg you shared here is si deeply true. You are right, no one is innocent. We're all guilty at some point. It's a shame really! But what can we do?! It is also part of the deal made with life. Thank you so much again for inspiring me and pointing that out ^_^

Princess.Renda GOLD, Travelers Rest, South Carolina

"All the world is made of faith, trust, and pixie dust." --J.M. Barrie, Peter Pan

I'm really not even sure what to say. Your work always leaves me speechless! It is just incredible :))

EmilytheBelleofA. DIAMOND, Athens, Georgia

To love is to be vulnerable; Triumph is born out of struggle; We notice shadows most when they stand alone in the midst of overwhelming light.

That's good. Everyone should try bleed their emotions and thoughts into their poems and writings, like you're doing. Also, help people like you're helping people. 

RyanM. PLATINUM, Klamath Falls, Oregon

A major thing I wanted people to get from this was that no one is innocent. We're all guilty of being a hypocrite at some point.

RyanM. PLATINUM, Klamath Falls, Oregon

I try to bleed my emotions and thoughts into the peoms I write. Hoping others may read them and have an epiphany or something. Have a moment within themselves that help them.

TheComet PLATINUM, Mostaganem, Other

so beautiful! I like it a lot. I do agree with you that sometimes there's no such thing as who. Your poem is short but so meaningful. Keep on writing ^_^

Isn't that what we do sometimes to ourselves? Sometimes you can't count on yourself. Maybe there isn't such a thing as who, for you and I. For the real self. I like how you wove yourself into your poem. Another great, wonderful poem of yours. Thank you, for sharing your poem. 

Nella.Girl97 BRONZE, Ashland, Wisconsin

"Keep on dreaming even if it breaks your heart."

Amazing! Great job with this poem!