The Key Out Of Reach | Teen Ink

The Key Out Of Reach

By Princess.Renda GOLD, Travelers Rest, South Carolina
Princess.Renda GOLD, Travelers Rest, South Carolina

"All the world is made of faith, trust, and pixie dust." --J.M. Barrie, Peter Pan

There is a key known to all
In possession of only one
Many feel its siren call
Yet it gives itself to none
What draws us to this key?
Is it the thrill of power,
Or the beauty like the sea?
It turns all yearning hearts sour,
Wanted as strongly as fame!
Its misunderstood gift is poison
That leaves us limp and lame
The race is a corrosion!
Pray tell, will you be corrupted?
The desire may have already erupted

I love how you say its a "wise darkness," you see the world in such a poetic and beautiful way. Though we may be different people, our heart and minds think and feel in such a similar way. Thank you for taking the time to comment, it means a lot :) 

RyanM. PLATINUM, Klamath Falls, Oregon

"Those who deny the darkness in their hearts, are the ones who fall deeper into it."

Dang Renda. You've got some darkness in that heart of yours, but like mine, it's a wise darkness. The ability to see the truths in this world and the fact that most of these truths if not all... are destructive.

Thank you so much! It means a lot to know you like it so much!! :)

EmilytheBelleofA. DIAMOND, Athens, Georgia

To love is to be vulnerable; Triumph is born out of struggle; We notice shadows most when they stand alone in the midst of overwhelming light.

I agree with TheComet! How can anyone not comment on your wonderful poem??? Short as it may be, your words are powerful. And I love how you wove your words. Thank you, for sharing this!

Thanks for the feedback, chica! I so enjoy seeing your comments on my poems, it makes my day! :)

TheComet PLATINUM, Mostaganem, Other

"Speak when you are angry and you will make the best speech you will ever regret" -Ambrose Bierce
" Be yourself! Everybody else is already taken ;)"
"Don't go where the path leads you. Go instead where there's no path and leave a trail ;)"-R.W.Emerson

I just can't understand how people can pass this by and not leave a comment it is just unfair. This poem is amazing!!! It is short but has a deep meaning and I loved it. Beautiful rhyme, great imagery and imagination. I just loved it ^_^ Keep writing dear ;)