Great Food at the Picnic Basket | Teen Ink

Great Food at the Picnic Basket

By ethan- BRONZE, Hartland, Wisconsin
ethan- BRONZE, Hartland, Wisconsin

Everything about this restaurant was great. The food was terrific and the staff was extremely nice. The warm glow of the lights and the decorations on the walls made the room feel homely and welcoming. Our waiter was awesome, and the owner himself also acted as a part of the team and helped bring and clean up our food. That's a sign of a well run business. 

The food was super fresh and very filling. The portions on my “Super Bomber ” sub was insane, the bun was overflowing with meat, vegetables, and sauces. The pasta salad side was delicious, the house made italian oil made the flavor really pop. The assortment of drinks that was offered was astonishing, a whole cooler full of different sodas, teas, and energy drinks to choose from.

The dessert was the cherry on top of my visit. I had the “Breakup Cake”, a chocolate and carmel based cake with whipped cream frosting and toffee bits crushed over top. It was super moist, and the chocolate was extremely rich.

The one negative I have for this restaurant is the parking situation. for such a popular place I was expecting a decent sized parking lot for the customers. Instead they have a tiny lot exclusively for employees and the customers have to park on the street in front of or across from the building. It's not horrible to get some walking in; although, in the winter, when it’s cold out, I could see where it might become an issue.

Overall the experience was awesome. I was stuffed from the main course and stuffed even more from the dessert, but it was well worth it, especially because of the super nice employees who took care of my short stay. After my meal I talked with the owner and told him what a great place he had and that I'd tell all my friends. Definitely a great time at The Picnic Basket.