Johnny Rockets: Review on an All-American Diner | Teen Ink

Johnny Rockets: Review on an All-American Diner

By neyat123 GOLD, Hawthorne, California
neyat123 GOLD, Hawthorne, California

I’m not an adventurous eater. So, I’m certainly not one to walk into a restaurant where I can’t identify what foreign object is on my plate.

For me, plain, classic food that comes with a side of fries is ideal. When I arrived at Johnny Rockets, they had a menu that seemed to suit my Plain Jane needs.

Although they offered a variety of burgers, which I ordered plain of course, it took what seemed like an eternity before our food made it to our table.

But, I was able to keep myself preoccupied by depositing nickels into the old-school juke box at my table. As I listened to the timeless hits, I gazed at the fun, old-fashioned, wall art and décor that seemed to display a friendly and nostalgic atmosphere.

Finally, my juicy cheese burger and golden fries arrived and they didn’t disappoint. My burger was cooked to perfection and plain to my liking. Being the French-fry lover that I am, I saved the best for last and one bite assured me that I’d made the right decision.
To top it all off, I washed my delicious meal down with a Vanilla Coke. At Johnny Rockets, they offer Coke shots, including cherry and vanilla, which was the one I’d chosen.
Johnny Rockets, known for its All-American diner setting, also offers counter seating for those who just want to stop by for one of their famous milkshakes.
After my last sip of Vanilla Coke, I decided this place wasn’t half bad. On the other hand, if you are very impatient and hate that just cleaned smell of bleach they use on their floors, you might want to think twice about going to Johnny’s.
So, I had an overall satisfying experience at Johnny Rockets. I probably won’t make it a point to go there, but if I’m in the neighborhood with an empty stomach, I will definitely drop in.

The Johnny Rockets I went to is located in The Mills (Del Amo mall), at 3525 Carson Street, Suite 75 Torrance, CA 90503. Johnny Rockets first opened on Melrose Avenue in 1986 and now has a chain of restaurants all over the country.