Oregano's Pizza Bistro | Teen Ink

Oregano's Pizza Bistro

By AlexOlson BRONZE, Scottsdale, Arizona
AlexOlson BRONZE, Scottsdale, Arizona

Oregano’s Pizza Bistro Review

Before going to Oregano’s Pizza Bistro, I was very excited because I had heard so many great things about this restaurant. When I went, I made sure to bring my appetite with me. When arriving there, the parking lot was full with no spots. It was very hard to find a spot, but I thought that it was a good thing because that means that this restaurant was worth it. It was definitely a popular restaurant to eat at judging by what I have heard. The location of the restaurant was great. It was not too far from my home, and it was in a good area with a bunch of stores around. It was easy to find, and was not tucked away somewhere where I could not find it. The restaurant hours were good too because they weren’t unreasonable hours. When I walked into the place, there were people everywhere. It was difficult just to walk into the restaurant. I went up to the hostess and asked for a table, and she said the wait would be thirty-five to forty-five minutes. This was one negative thing about the restaurant. Although it still took awhile, it was only about twenty-five minutes before I was seated.

The atmosphere of the place was great and fun. It fit the Italian theme and sent good vibes. It had funny pictures everywhere of animated people, cars, food and so much more. They also had adorable props set up throughout the place that just made the place more amusing. As soon as I sat down, there was already a waiter to greet us. Throughout the night, the service was great. He was always coming around to check on us and see if we needed anything. He was also very friendly and helpful. He wasn’t dull and did not act like he did not want to be there. He actually tried to engage in conversation, which was nice.

The menu had so many choices to pick from. I do not like the restaurants where they only give you a handful of options. I liked that Oregano’s had a variety of items to choose from. The food took a little while to come out, but that was expected because of all of the people and the dishes that we ordered. For an appetizer, we ordered the golden wings. Those were amazing and gone in about ten minutes. They had great flavor to them. I ordered the Big Rig pasta for my main entrée. It was delicious and had so much flavor. The pasta and the ingredients tasted so fresh. The food was also presented very well; it looked professional and well prepared. It made my mouth water just looking at it. The portion sizes of the dishes were great. The pasta had a great amount of food, and I was happy to take home the leftovers. Although I was stuffed, our waiter highly recommended the Original Pizza Cookie. It sounded outstanding, so we ordered one. It is a giant chocolate chip cookie with vanilla ice cream on top. It was one of the best desserts I have ever had. The price of the food was very reasonable. It is no fun going out to a restaurant where the price is high; it just ruins the whole experience. It was not too expensive; it was worth the price. I definitely did not leave Oregano’s hungry.

The cleanliness of Oregano’s was good too. It was very clean and sanitized. I noticed that every time a group of people left, there was immediately someone to clean the table, and they did that thoroughly. One negative was that there was only one bathroom to use. Since there was only one bathroom, there was always a long wait to use the bathroom. Another positive to the restaurant was the temperature. We sat inside and the temperature was perfect; it was not too hot or too cold. Also, I noticed heaters outside so that when it is cold, they are prepared for the people who sit outside.

Ever since this first time going, I have gone back a lot. Oregano’s is always consistent with every aspect of the restaurant. They are always friendly, and I have never had a bad meal. I feel that Oregano’s really prides themselves in their food, so a bad meal is not something that is a usual occurrence. The overall mood is wonderful. It is one of my favorite restaurants to go. I love this restaurant and highly recommend it to everyone. Even if someone doesn’t like pizza, they have several other options to choose from, so this restaurant is for everyone.