Pandora.com | Teen Ink

Pandora.com

By absolutelyobscure SILVER, Louisville, Kentucky
absolutelyobscure SILVER, Louisville, Kentucky

We live in the generation of technology, but sometimes it seems as if we do not fully take advantage of the internet. With the plethora of music published daily, it can be hard to keep up with new songs and artists. Pandora.com, a free website, claims to put the Music Genome Project directly in your hands. This “internet radio” conforms to your musical likings, creating an easy-to-use and likable continuous music station.

After signing up for the website, you create “radio stations” by entering in the name of a song or band you know you enjoy. This could be anything from hard rock to meditation, or even some holiday tunes. As each song plays, you can rate it with a “thumbs up” or “thumbs down,” and through this the Music Genome Project determines your taste in music. It chooses songs you personally would probably enjoy to play on your station. The music is continuous, making it perfect for blasting ongoing music at a party, listening while working on homework, or even softly meditating in your room at the end of your day. It’s easily compatible with the iPhone and iTouch, along with other phones from AT