Monsters, Inc. | Teen Ink

Monsters, Inc. MAG

"Monsters,Inc." is a humorous and exciting movie that keeps you wonderingwhat will happen next. It is one movie that the whole family will findamusing. The characters are animated for those who enjoy cartoons, andthe script is full of jokes that all ages will get a kick outof.

The two main monsters, or should I say characters, are Mikeand Sulli, the top scarers at Monsters, Inc. Yes, that's right, theirjob is to scare kids of all ages and collect their screams to generatepower for their city, Monstropolous. Everyone who works at Monsters,Inc. wants to become the scariest monster of all, especially Randal. Hewants to be the number one scarer, and has a strong dislike for Mike andSulli.

At Monsters, Inc., children's closet doors open into thescare lab where each monster steps into a room to collect the screams.Humans are scared of monsters, and in this case monsters are scared ofhumans.

When Randal fails to scare one child, Sulli steps up andgives it a shot. To his surprise the little girl, whom Sulli nicknames"Boo," finds Sulli funny and cuddly. It doesn't take long forSulli to take a liking to Boo, and when Sulli leaves her room, Boofollows. Mike and Sulli keep Boo hidden so that other monsters will notpanic.

Mike and Sulli decide that scaring kids is not a nicething to do and that something must change, so they come up with a newidea.

When you go out to see a movie with the family, check out"Monsters, Inc.," while it's still in the theaters. It's amovie the whole family will like. And remember, "They scare becausethey care."

callie15 BRONZE, North Plains, Oregon

"I dreamed I was a butterfly, flitting around in the sky; then I awoke. Now I wonder: Am I a man who dreamt of being a butterfly, or am I a butterfly dreaming that I am a man?"
-Chuang Tzu

"No man with a good car needs to be justified!"
-Wise Blood

I love this movie! Yet again, I love all Pixar movies. They are so much better than Disney! I mean, they even have awesome shorts! I say they should leave Disney and make a theme park of their own. I'd much rather go there! Anyways, great review :) 

on Jun. 30 2011 at 9:28 am
Metalhead36 SILVER, Amherst, Massachusetts

Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. - Edgar Allan Poe

This really is the most under-rated Pixar movie to be created. Overshadowed by movies like Toy Story and Wall-E, Monsters Incorporated was, and still is, my favorite Pixar movie. The whole concept of a city powered by human screams is just unbelievably creative. And Billy Crystal makes me crack up every time he cracks a one-liner. This movie needs more credit than it already has.

Moviebuff0202 SILVER, East Setauket, New York

"You either die a hero, or live long enough to see yourself become the villain."- Aaron Eckhart as Harvey Dent in The Dark Knight

PIXAR IS AWESOME!