Perfect Chemistry By Simone Elkeles | Teen Ink

Perfect Chemistry By Simone Elkeles

January 23, 2019
By CaprisunBrisk BRONZE, Sacramento, California
CaprisunBrisk BRONZE, Sacramento, California
4 articles 0 photos 3 comments


Perfect Chemistry is a book that  causes suspicion, and the questioning of  life. Once the book is close to finished, you won’t want it to end.


Perfect Chemistry is about two teens named Brittany Ellis and Alejandro Fuentes. Alejandro struggles through life without his dad. He is a gang member and has to watch over his family. Brittany is  trying to act perfect because of her family. Her family demands that she keep her reputation up and not show her real side with her flaws that people don’t know about. But when it comes to Chemistry class, they are forced to be partners. Alejandro sees through her facade, not just the reputation. As they go through thick and thin, it’s a bumpy road. Through all this Brittany has a boyfriend named Colin, who is hiding secrets. Colin starts acting different because he wants to have sex with her. But after she’s finds out Colin’s secret everything changes.


Their parents don’t want Alejandro and Brittany to be  together because Brittany lives on the rich side of town and Alejandro lives on the poor side. Brittany’s mom wants her to be with Colin who is high class and has a lot of money so that no one will question the family. As it all unravels Alejandro and Brittany fall in love and eventually go out in public to show their relationship.


Perfect Chemistry  is a book you  have to read. And when you do, you’ll want to  read the whole series to learn about the families.  Alejandro has other brothers. Will they end up like him? Or , what’s going to happen in their future?


The author's comments:

Amazing book to read.