Legend Book Review | Teen Ink

Legend Book Review

January 27, 2022
By Mexico123456 SILVER, Sacramento, California
Mexico123456 SILVER, Sacramento, California
6 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Wake up to reality! Nothing ever goes as planned in this world. The longer you live, the more you realize that in this reality, only pain, suffering, and futility exist."


Do you wonder if some books have tragic events like a disease? Well if that peaks your interest I present to you a book called, “Legends”. The first two characters are Day and June. The first ten pages talks about Day, the 15 year old boy that stole money, food and many goods in his past. Another thing, Day is a person that grew poor and his dad got beat by the local police for not answering the questions. So Day decided to throw a ball of crushed ice and it was dipped in a can of gasoline and threw it at the police headquarters with a slingshot and there was no evidence that Day did it. June is a 15 year old girl that is smart and is a senior. She also has an older brother named Metias who is a Captain of the Republic of America army. Also, June has a perfect score of 1,500 on her trail.


Legend is a romance thriller set in an apocalyptic world where Los Angeles, California, also known in the book as the Republic of America, has a plague going on and there are about 20,174,282 million people living through that plague. The plague is like our time with coronavirus and it’s like the same feeling like in the book where if the government comes to your door and if you or your family are infected they mark their door and they would have to quarantine. But in reality we go and get a covid testing and get the results, if I or my family is infected me or my family would have to quarantine. If you like books with action, romance and war themes this book is for you. 


To be honest I haven’t read much to know the plot but this book is pretty good so far in my opinion. Next, the book flips into two points of views and two stories to tell. For Example, It starts with Day’s story then June's story.  What I think Day is trying to do is get more supplies and try not to get caught, on the other hand June is trying to work in the military and get paid well. Hopefully something amazing happens if those two meet each other.


Technically I believe that the point of the book “Legend” is about Rich vs. Poor, the reason is because those two characters are on different sides of the rich and poor community. In conclusion the book has two different stories and two points of view that the poor get poorer and the rich get richer.