City Spies by James Ponti | Teen Ink

City Spies by James Ponti

By AthenatheGoddess PLATINUM, Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
AthenatheGoddess PLATINUM, Myrtle Beach, South Carolina

Look, I didn't want to be a halfblood."

City Spies: A fun, exotic novel about a group of kids who aren’t like everybody else. They are spies, each with unique talents. This story is a great read for everybody, especially fantasy fans! It’s a good length story that is currently an evolving series, books being released every year.

I loved this story so much! It was suspenseful and had great characters. I could easily distinguish who each character was just by hearing them talk. They all act differently, which I think helps character development a lot. Some of the characters are more confined and some are more impatient. Others love to eat. (We love Rio!) They all have unique personalities with special skills that help them achieve their ultimate goal.

My favorite character had to be Paris. I connected with him a lot, even if he could be a little boring sometimes. He was the leader and “older brother” of the group since he was the most experienced and the most responsible. I feel like he is pressured to be so responsible since he was the first kid and he needs to make the adults proud. He always has his softie moments, which I think are my favorite scenes in the book.

On a scale of one to ten, this novel is probably a 10. Honestly, I couldn’t find anything wrong with this story. It was a well written story with amazing characters everyone roots for until the very end. It was suspenseful and I didn’t predict a lot of things. The ending was amazing and when I found out this was a series, I went straight to Barnes and Noble.

I recommend this book to everyone! City Spies is such a fun novel and both advanced and beginner readers would fall in love with the characters. If you like fantasy, read it! If you like mysteries, read it! If you like to read, read it! I hope you enjoyed it as much as I did.