Amari and The Night Brothers by B.B Alston | Teen Ink

Amari and The Night Brothers by B.B Alston

November 4, 2022
By AthenatheGoddess PLATINUM, Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
AthenatheGoddess PLATINUM, Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
32 articles 0 photos 20 comments

Favorite Quote:
Look, I didn't want to be a halfblood."


If you are in need of a magical read, I have got the perfect story for you! Have you heard of Amari and The Night Brothers? This fun novel has mystery, humor, and everything in between. At first, it may not seem like much but after you read it, you’ll thank me.


I absolutely loved this book! It started out with a sweet, misunderstood girl. All she wanted was to get her brother back and help her mom, which I deeply connected with.  Throughout the book, she doubts herself, thinking she's not as good as others. I understood that pain she felt, especially in the circumstances she was in. I even cried a little bit at the beginning and after the plot twist. 


My favorite character has to be Elise. She is a super smart weredragon who is also Amari’s roommate. She is by far, the funniest character in the entire story. She is super careful and genuinely cares about Amari’s wellbeing. She has a ton of character development throughout the story, which is vital to the plot.


On a scale of one to ten, this book is probably a nine. Don’t get me wrong, I loved this book but some things could be fixed. At certain points, the ending was slightly predictable. I kind of knew what was going to happen but I had plenty of ideas of what the ending could be. All of the characters were great and, like normal people, they all had flaws and intense mood swings.The characters and the world B.B Alston created has to be the best part of this entire novel.


So, whether you like magic or not, I highly recommend this book. It’s fun for all ages and all reading levels but I think people with a middle school reading level would like it the most. Read the whole thing and trust me, you will not regret it.