boost book reveiw | Teen Ink

boost book reveiw

Savvy is a 14-year old girl who has big dreams to play collage ball when she gets older. Callie is a high schooler that is on the cheer team, how far will cheerleading make her go? Losing weight, bad substances, boys, grades? While Callie is a bratty teen, her sister Savvy, is not in perfect condition either. Savvy moved from New Mexico to Rhode Island and is having a hard time making friends. She made the 18s basketball team and basketball is not making it any easier to make friends. Savvy has really big responsibility, while someone is ambushing her aunt’s sheep, Savvy has to train a new sheep dog while managing basketball everyday.

Kathy Mackel does a great job on showing how far will Savvy and her sister Callie go to make their dreams come true. As you read this book it gets better and better the further you go. Kathy Mackel does a good job leaving the reader in suspense, having them wonder more and more what is going to happen next? Boost is a great work of realistic fiction! This book can help you learn more about your friends and family every day, while also getting closer to them and making more memories. This book shows how people can change so much without you realizing, some change could be good or be worst then you could have ever expected. Boost is a book about family, importance, and redemption. I highly recommend this book to young adults and people who love surprises.