Review Blitz - The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes | Teen Ink

Review Blitz - The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes

By Extrasweet DIAMOND, Tenafly, New Jersey
Extrasweet DIAMOND, Tenafly, New Jersey

"On ne voit bien qu'avec le coeur" - Antoine de Saint-Exupery
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, dreams are forever" - Walt Disney

The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes was one of the best books that I've ever read.

There's a lot of foreshadowing and hints in this book since it's a mytery bok and the overall structure of all the short stories were the same. Sherlock's alone-Watson joins him-mystery begins-investigation-ending. Despite that, it was still a wonderfully constructed book. My favorite quote was easily, "I knew for sure that I was dealing with the great detective, Sherlock Holmes. It was careless of me, but I could not resist wishing you a good night" by Iren Adler - Pg. 23.

The theme that I took out from the book was that even though a situation may seem impossible to solve, if you pay attention to small and 'unnecessary' detail, then you'll end up figuring out the problem in no time. Sherlock Holmes makes sure to pay attention to every single detail and tucks them into his mind. With those information he always solves the problem in the end.

This book was a series of mysterious situations and various people asked Sherock Holmes to solve their mysteries. Sherlock never failed to solve a problem and he always fixes the situation with easy.

This book was such an amazing one so I wanted to continue thinking about it even after I read it. So here are some questions to ponder on about - 1. How would you 'see' things but not 'observe' like Sherlock Holmes always says? 2. 'Do you think every question in this world has an answer like said in the book?