Silvered Serpents by Roshani Chokshi Book Review | Teen Ink

Silvered Serpents by Roshani Chokshi Book Review

By 3monis GOLD, Hartland, Wisconsin
3monis GOLD, Hartland, Wisconsin

My immediate reaction after finishing Silvered Serpents  was wow. It was like the cliffhanger ending of a netflix series, yet 1000 times more extreme, and I began reading the next book immediately after this one. I cannot imagine how it must have felt having to wait for the next book to be written if you read this when it first released. The middle child of a three book series, not the start nor the end—However that does not discount the genius & quality that Roshani Choksi has put into this book. 

The Silvered Serpeants is a brilliant teenage novel set in an altered timeline early 19th century. The book consists of a very dynamic and interesting set of characters. The main plot of the series follows this cast recovering different ancient artificts in order to satisfy each of the individual characters wants, needs and dreams. The story starts a couple months after the first book dropped off. The crew had returned from a brilliant heist, only to be double crossed and hooked into another mystery.

While most series end with a great deal of satisfaction after each book, even if just for a short while in the characters lives, this series is brutal with the amount of emotional struggle & pain the characters deal with at the end of the books. Each ending of a book feels like the end of the world, yet they have to pull themselves together for what seems like one last adventure of a lifetime. All the while interesting character dynamics and relationships make your heart ache, and long for the resolution that doesn’t come to the very end. 

It was amazing how many interesting and complex relationships were woven into this series. Every character has a very dynamic relationship with the rest of the group and with some of the other characters. This makes it interesting to read as you get fully immersed in one character, then the point of view changes and you are just as immersed in the next part of the story.

All in all, this book is a wonderful middle to an amazing series. Including heart wrenching relationships, incredible heists, and a wonderfully connected plot. I highly recommend this series to anyone that loves in depth stories, and is ready to dig in and go for a ride.

This was an amazing book series to read! I highly recommend this book series, I can not get enough of it!