Cold Country by Russell Rowland | Teen Ink

Cold Country by Russell Rowland

March 7, 2024
By mickyds BRONZE, Schaumburg, Illinois
mickyds BRONZE, Schaumburg, Illinois
4 articles 4 photos 3 comments

Favorite Quote:
N/A.


Set against the backdrop of a small historical community, "Cold Country" unveils the intricate web of reputations and relationships among its ranchers and neighbors. When the respected and affluent farmer Tom Butcher is found murdered, suspicions immediately fall upon the newcomer, Carl Logan, and his family, who have recently settled in the area. As rumors swirl and tensions escalate, Carl finds himself unjustly accused, while his son, Roger, becomes the target of bullying and prejudice.

The narrative unfolds with gripping intensity as familial bonds are strained, friendships tested, and long-held secrets threatened to unravel. Rowland masterfully blends elements of mystery and realistic fiction, infusing the story with a rich tapestry of genres and characters that captivate the reader's imagination.

Despite the turmoil within the community, Rowland's storytelling prowess shines through, drawing readers into a world where intrigue and authenticity converge. The plot unfolds with a quirky and unique charm, underscored by themes of respect and awe, ensuring that readers are kept on the edge of their seats with each turn of the page.

With its compelling blend of mystery, historical detail, and western adventure, "Cold Country" is a must-read for fans of the genre. Whether you're drawn to the allure of a well-crafted mystery or the evocative atmosphere of a bygone era, this book promises to deliver an unforgettable literary experience.


The author's comments:

Michelle's journey as a book reviewer since 2018 has been marked by versatility and dedication. Transitioning through various blog names, she has consistently provided a platform to promote authors, publishers, and their books. From organizing book cover reveals to conducting tours and blitzes, Michelle's repertoire includes esteemed publicity services like Rockstar Book Tours, Goddess Fish Promotions, Meerkat Press, Lola's Blog Tours, and more. With access to advanced reading copies from prominent publishing houses such as Scholastic, Penguin Random House, Disney, and Harper Collins, her reviews are well-informed and insightful. Now resuming her passion with the new blog, “Michelle, The Book Critic”, after a hiatus, Michelle is poised to reignite her love for reading and sharing her opinions within the vibrant community of book reviewers.