The Late Night With David Letterman Book Of Top Ten Lists | Teen Ink

The Late Night With David Letterman Book Of Top Ten Lists MAG

By Anonymous

   The Late Night with David Letterman Book of Top Ten Lists is the funniest book I have read in my life. It's "like watching TV in convenient book form."

Each page starts with the title of the list, such as "Elvis Presley's Top Ten Household Hints" and "Dave Letterman's Top Ten Driving Tips," then counts down the page from 10 to 1. In the forward, Dave says, "If you weren't one of the lucky thousands to witness this miracle live at rinkside in Lake Placid, or one of the many millions who enjoyed the tape-delayed coverage in its entirety, or video highlights on one of the fine networks or local news programs, then this is the book you'll want to purchase,please read this wonderful little book. You'll thank me later."

Head writer Steve O'Donnell starts the introduction with, "By the time you read this, I will already be dead." On the back of the book, Dave lists the top ten reasons you should buy the book, such as "#8. Ideal for really easy book report...#5. You're mentioned on page 43," and "#1. Damn it! It's about time you did something for you!"

The book is published by Pocket Books, and costs $8.95 (that's less than 1 cent per joke!) It's 169 pages and contains 168 top ten lists and one top eleven list.

I definitely would recommend buying The Late Night with David Letterman Book of Top Ten Lists if you can spare the week it takes to finish it or you can read a book like this little by little. You can reread it any time you need to look busy. It is definitely required reading for anyone interested in things that come in bunches of ten! n