Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire | Teen Ink

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire MAG

By Bapalapa2 ELITE, Brooklyn, New York
Bapalapa2 ELITE, Brooklyn, New York
1044 articles 0 photos 1 comment

   An exciting wand fight, a magnificent ball, anexhilarating race, a battle for life and mischievous teenagers can all be foundin Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire.

This fourth book in the seriescontinues with the famous Harry's fourth year at Hogwarts, the school forwizards. Through mysterious circumstances, Harry is chosen against his wishes tocompete in the Triwizard Tournament. Most of the novel deals with Harry'sattempts to endure the ordeal. His nemesis, Lord Voldemort, also returns, withplans to kill Harry. In addition, Harry is still trying to be a"normal" teenage wizard, with a crush on an older woman.

Thisbook captured my full attention from the first sentence with its differentvocabulary, interesting story lines and complex mysteries. There are plot twists,unusual characters, magic moments and typical school problems.

J. K.Rowling has a wonderful imagination and a great sense of humor. Readers will alsobe able to relate to the wizard teenager's dilemmas. The suspense andforeshadowing will keep you wanting to read more. This book has a more complexand terrifying plot than the first three, but also more violence and even adeath. From the first sentence, readers are in for a great adventure that setsthe stage for the fifth book.