The Last of the Really Great Whangdoodles | Teen Ink

The Last of the Really Great Whangdoodles

Andrews, Julie. (1974). The Last of the Really Great Whangdoodles. New York: HarperCollins Publishers Inc.

The Last of the Really Great Whangdoodles is a fantasy book about three kids and a professor who go on an amazing quest for the legend, the Whangdoodle. Professor Savant, Ben, Tom, and Lindy Potter are all out to search Whangdoodleland for, as the dictionary describes him, “a fanciful creature of undefined nature.” Possible themes for this book are determination, courage, and confidence. Determination is used throughout this book, especially when Lindy is scared by some horrible creatures, but is determined to put her fear aside and keep searching. An example of courage used in The Last of the Really Great Whangdoodles is when Professor Savant doesn't believe that he will be able to see the Whangdoodle because he is an adult and doesn't have as strong an imagination as he did when he was younger, but Lindy assists him in pursuing his long-awaited dream. Lindy almost doesn't have enough confidence to help Prof. Savant, but her friends boost her confidence. I recommend this book for anyone who has a broad imagination, or would like to broaden theirs. After reading this book, I discovered a new perspective for many things. This book will change your outlook. Ignore the age suggestion on the back, because although it discouraged many of my friends and almost me, I am glad to have read it anyway. The genre
of this book is fantasy, and I would give this book a 9 out of 10 because its not my new favorite but it was exceptionally great.

readaholic PLATINUM, Tomahawk, Wisconsin

I'd rather fail because I fell on my own face than fall because someone tripped me up
~Jhonen Vasquez

this sounds good..I think I'll read it!:D