of mice and men | Teen Ink

of mice and men

By kandice tolentino BRONZE, Huntington, West Virginia
kandice tolentino BRONZE, Huntington, West Virginia

If you like johns Steinbeck then you really like his book called Of Mice of Men.

Of mice of men is a book about friendship and two homeless men who are trying to make a living I would call them migrant laborers and handymen. This book gets really deep and tells you exactly what happens on the ranch .This author is very honest about how people treated each other and who the outcasts were.

George and Lennie go to the ranch to work so that they could get money and live the dream they always wanted to live. The dream was about moving into a big house with a big yard and having animals. Also Lennie needs help and has problems and has powers well strength that he doesn’t know he has.

I thought John Steinbeck was really creative and I really liked how he made the characters come to life. I am glad he decided to write this book because it was powerful like when Lennie and Curly fought or when George shot Lennie . I really liked this book, too, because he tells the truth and is very honest. Like how he described Curley’s wife in the book and I didn’t like at first until the middle because she tells it how it is and how it could have been.

Characters – Lennie and George, and Candy and Slim and the Boss, and Curley, Carlson, and Curley’s wife
I give this book 5 stars for outstanding.

Guys like us, that work on ranches, are the loneliest guys in the world. They got no family. They don't belong no place. . . . With us it ain't like that. We got a future. We got somebody to talk to that gives a crap about us. We don't have to sit in no bar room blowin' in our jack jus' because we got no place else to go. If them other guys gets in jail they can rot for all anybody gives a crap. But not us."

im reallly cool & i love too read and write for mrs.ey (: