The Supernaturalists by Eoin Colfer | Teen Ink

The Supernaturalists by Eoin Colfer

If you have a cut or scab right now, or even if you have a little cold, you may not know it, but a Parasite is most likely clinging to it right now, drawing its life from your pain. At least, if you lived in The Supernaturalists world, that's what would be happening.
The Supernaturalists is about a young orphan, Cosmo, who knows nothing of the world outside of his prison, where all satellite city orphans are sent. One day, Cosmo escapes with another boy, and they are persued by the future's secret service. After they jump off a building, Cosmo blacks out, and is taken away by the Supernaturalists.

You may be wondering, who ARE The Supernaturalists. Well, they are a group of 3 people, Stefan, Meena, and Ditto, who can all see the Parasites, and are determined to remove them from the face of the Earth (or, as it is in this book, one supercity called Satellite City.) Cosmo agrees to their cause, and joins them in their fight against the Parasites.

Through it all, Cosmo and The Suprnaturalists fight hardships together, whether it's tanks, snipers, or themselves, they bond together in the end, and Cosmo finds what he has always wanted; a home.

In this book, Eoin Colfer, weaves a tantalizing and creative tale, with a shocking twist towards the end. I would recommend this book to people of any age. It isn't a very tough read, but you find yourself unable to put it down due to its fast-paced, exciting plot. Colfer has an amazing knack for coming up with ways to keep you along for the ride, and her characters are unique and perfectly believable. If you read this book and if you like it, I would highly recommend Colfer's Artemis Fowl series.

Well why are you still reading this? Go out and get The Supernaturalists today. And watch out for those Parasites.