It’s Not the End of the World by Judy Blume | Teen Ink

It’s Not the End of the World by Judy Blume

February 14, 2008
By Anonymous

Karen hoped she could get Miss Pace as her sixth grade teacher. She did but Miss. Pace got married and became Mrs. Singer then became really mean. It’s Not the End of the World by Judy Blume is about a girl named Karen who try’s to stop her parents from getting divorced can she do it? Her parent’s always fight about typical things. Karen does not want the divorce to work out, but she asks Jeff her 14 year old brother, but he said”I always knew it would happen”. Karen hates even thinking about the idea of them getting devoiced. Her mom tells her that their thinking about it.

The theme “divorce” is good for people who are going through this or have gone through this. My favorite part is when Jeff her 14 year brother runs away and everybody is looking for him. Their dad comes over worried and frustrated starts yelling and breaks one of Karen’s mom’s antique dolls.

Does Jeff ever come back? I think this is a great book that any girl from 7 and up would like. I won’t tell you any more so you’ll have to read it to find out if her mom and dad stay together or not.