Hatchet by Gary Paulson | Teen Ink

Hatchet by Gary Paulson

Hatchet, by Gary Paulson is a realistic fiction & naturalistic fiction book and is first in the five book series. Gary Paulson mostly writes his books about situations that actually happened to him. Hatchet is about a thirteen year old boy who has to travel in a little bush plane which goes to northern Canada, to visit his father because his mother and father got a divorce during the summer. Brian's mother gave him a hatchet to take with him. When Brian and the pilot are flying over the Canadian woods the pilot has an heart attack and dies so he forces Brian to drive the plane and has no clue how to. The plane crashes and also forces Brian to live in the woods with only a hatchet and must survive. Will Brian escape from the Canadian woods?

I honestly think that Hatchet is good book as well as the other books in the series; I think all people would like this book older or young it's a good book all around. All people should read this because Hatchet makes you feel you're looking through Brian's eyes and feel the pain he feels and Gary Paulson's book paints good pictures in your mind.

kakianak said...
This is a good review. I liked the book. I think that the review could have been broken down into more paragraphs, but its still good.