Beautiful disaster by Jamie Mcguire | Teen Ink

Beautiful disaster by Jamie Mcguire

February 1, 2012
By LaceeJade GOLD, Bucyrus, Ohio
LaceeJade GOLD, Bucyrus, Ohio
17 articles 4 photos 136 comments

Favorite Quote:
♥ I've made mistakes in my life. i've let people take advantage of me, and i accepted way less than i deserve. But, i've learned from my bad choices, and even though there are some things i can never get back and people who will never be sorry. i'll know better next time and i wont settle for anything less than i deserve. ♥


“Beautiful Disaster”





By: Jamie McGuire



This book is by a self published author named Jamie McGuire. This story kept me up all night long. I couldn’t put it down.

This book is about a girl named Abby Abernathy. She is the definition of a good girl, so we think. She finally escaped her poor excuse for a home with her best friend America. They got accepted to the same collage. America gets a boyfriend who she starts spending a lot of time with leaving Abby alone at most times, until America invites Abby to an underground fight where she meets Travis Maddox, America’s boyfriends' best friend, roommate, and undefeated underground fighting champ.
Travis is covered in tattoos. He is the bad boy type with outstanding smartness. He gets an interest in Abby because she is the only girl not falling head over heals for him like all of the rest and she has made it clear that she will not end up like the other girls either, so she thinks.

The water heater in the girls dorm breaks causes Abby and America to stay with her boyfriend and Travis. Abby and Travis become really close friends. The type of friends that always hangout and have fun with each other. Then, Abby’s fears come for her when her father shows up revealing Abby’s true identity. What she was running from came back for her. Now, America, her boyfriend, and Travis have to help.
Jamie McGuire makes u fall in love with these characters and has you on your toes because how much they fight their feelings for each other. This read is an emotional roller coaster. She has you laughing, crying and growling in frustration.