Falling for Mr. Darcy by KaraLynne Mackrory | Teen Ink

Falling for Mr. Darcy by KaraLynne Mackrory

By LiederMadchen ELITE, Aurora, Oregon
LiederMadchen ELITE, Aurora, Oregon

For, I could not love thee, Dear, so much,
Loved I not honour more.
-- Richard Lovelace, quoted often by Baroness Emmuska Orczy in The Scarlet Pimpernel

This is one of those delightful books that just makes me smile. I smiled at the awkward small talk between Darcy and Elizabeth even as they internally berated themselves for their attraction to each other. I smiled at the devious matchmaking tricks employed by nearly all of the characters. I laughed out loud at the rampant winking. I found myself to be in a lovely mood for the entire rest of the day, even after I closed the book on the last page. In short, this novel made me happy.

Ms. Mackrory truly did a marvelous job with the characters in this book. Darcy and Elizabeth were perfect (I know they always are, but in this story they shone with particular brightness) with witty banter a-plenty and aww-inspiring romance. Bingley managed to develop a determined streak that was fun to watch and Lady Catherine made a unique and memorable appearance. My favorite, however, had to be Mr. Bennet. There was an original yet completely believable twist to his character, both in what he did and why he did it.

There's a little action to the story, taking the form of Wickham sending threatening messages. How far will he go in his quest to hurt Darcy? I will leave you to discover that for yourself. I liked how his machinations drew out an even more protective side to Darcy.

Falling for Mr. Darcy is sweet and fun and oh-so wonderfully romantic. I highly recommend it as a story to curl up with while enjoying a cup of tea.

I received a copy of this book, courtesy of Meryton Press, in exchange for a fair and honest review.