Hedge knight (graphic novel) by George R.R. Martin | Teen Ink

Hedge knight (graphic novel) by George R.R. Martin

By LegendKeeper DIAMOND, Unadilla, New York
LegendKeeper DIAMOND, Unadilla, New York

"What is impossible with man is possible with God." Luke 18:27

Lo, hark one and all,
to this tale of knights and squires, peasants and princes, chivalry and conceit, artwork and adventure.
At the death of his mentor and master, Sir Arlan of Pennytree, Dunc takes up the mantle of Hedge knight and heads to the nearest tourney to establish himself.

Good stuff:
Dunc is a true knight in his compassion for the weak and tormented, and thirst for justice. Fortunately, the artwork isn't too realistic (otherwise the violence would be rated). Most ladies' clothes are modest. Language is at a low.

Bad stuff:
It is based in a culture with several 'gods', and characters swear by them. One of the princes is a drunkard. Whores are mentioned throughout, though Dunc never associates with them, and there are no images of them at work. There are images of a horse getting stabbed through the neck with a lance, and a knight or two dying of their wounds (with plenty of blood). A prince makes a crude joke to his little brother. There are a couple of images of bathing, and drying afterwards (though the main *Cough* 'areas' are covered).

One of the only graphic novels I have read. Not too bad, but see for yourself.