Sisterhood Everlasting (Sisterhood #5) by Ann Brashares | Teen Ink

Sisterhood Everlasting (Sisterhood #5) by Ann Brashares

By Teenage_Reads ELITE, Halifax, Nova Scotia
Teenage_Reads ELITE, Halifax, Nova Scotia

"So many books, so little time"

How long can we make one summer stretch? For this book about 350 pages. This book ruins your image of the sisterhood we left them off at book four. Their image lost its beauty in book three, ruined it a bit in book four and completely trashes it in this book featuring the girls ten years later. They are no longer teenagers and yet Ann has them still acting like they did ten years before.

SPOILERS WILL COME UP IN THIS PEARGRAPH THIS IS YOUR WARINGING!! This book pissed me off so much when they killed off Tibby. Why? What was the point of doing that? Did you get tired of her? Or needed an excuse to make us realize what really happened to them the ten years between books. Leaving us this book to focuses on three sisters instead of four. Carmen the big TV star and her picture perfect life is perfect yet not liveable. I will not spoil her life before, yet she has grown out of her flare up of anger. Lena is still heartbroken over Kostos who has a habit of showing up in every book. Only is this decides if she stays or go for good. I was very happy for Lena in this book as she finally decided to embrace herself instead of downplaying her looks. Bridget has always been frisky. She lived her life following the sun dragging Eric with her. Yet after Tibby, Bridget needs to run, run so fast that she cannot take Eric with her. Bridget being the most daring of the sisterhoods is the first to run for Tibby’s life to see what really happened.

Dear Ann Brashares, sisterhood book one through three were beautiful. Which is why you should have left it at three and not made a fourth and defiantly not make a fifth. There was no point in this book at all, besides making us terribly sad knowing that even the born together friendships cannot strive through the cold grounds of growing up. We watched them grown into who they are from our eyes from 16 to 30 Ann gave us an insight to the girls lives and innermost thoughts like they were real people. And I loved the ending. It left the sisters at a happy point with the future looking bright. Which is all we could hope for.

I honestly hate this book with a passion.