Silkworm by Robert Galbraith | Teen Ink

Silkworm by Robert Galbraith

By Kelly-In-Wonderland GOLD, Westfield, New Jersey
Kelly-In-Wonderland GOLD, Westfield, New Jersey

This past summer has been a nostalgic one for the “Harry Potter generation.” In July, Author J.K. Rowling released an update on the role-playing site, Pottermore. Through the perspective of Harry Potter character Rita Skeeter, fans caught a glimpse into the lives of Harry, Ron, Hermione and their Hogwarts friends as adults and parents. More recently, Rowling published a new novel, Silkworm, under her pseudonym Robert Galbraith.

Silkworm, the second installment in Galbraith’s mystery series, picks up where Cuckoo’s Calling left off: private investigator Cormoran Strike has solved the case of supermodel Lula Landry’s death. He picks up a new case, involving the disappearance of an infamous author.

While this new face of Rowling attracts a totally different readership than Harry Potter, she allows her fanbase to grow with her. Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone was published in 1997. Seventeen years later, many of her readers will always call Hogwarts home and hold a special place for Harry in their hearts. But now their affection for Rowling can move beyond nostalgia and into an appreciation for adult fiction.

I may not be emotionally prepared to trade in my wand and robe for a murder trial quite yet, but I absolutely adored Silkworm and hope that you will, too.

EmilytheBelleofA. DIAMOND, Athens, Georgia

To love is to be vulnerable; Triumph is born out of struggle; We notice shadows most when they stand alone in the midst of overwhelming light.

No, this just made me want to read it. :D Congarts on the editor's choice, you truly deserve it. I'm happy for you. :) This is well-written and beautifully written to me. You truly do have such, a talent and light in you; and you are a wonderful and talented writer and person. It's true. Thank you so much, for sharing this, my friend. :)