Bearstone by Will Hobbs | Teen Ink

Bearstone by Will Hobbs

Fourteen-year-old Cloyd Atcitty never knew he was being taken to a farm. Bearstone, by Will Hobbs is an action adventure book with an easy to follow plot. It starts off with Cloyd Atcitty, separated from his dad at birth. When he finally finds him, he finds out his dad had become paralyzed in an accident. After Cloyd finds out about his dad his grades go down. During the summer, he is taken to a ranch in Colorado to help an old man named Walter, work on things around the house. Walter's wife had recently passed away leaving him with the duties of running the ranch. When Cloyd arrives, he wasn't exactly pleased, but Walter made him feel like a son. After Cloyd stayed on the ranch for a while, he really appreciated being there. The real adventure begins when Walter reveals some past time secrets, leading Cloyd and Walter up into the mountains of Colorado.

Hobbs did a great job when describing action. He made you feel like you were right there watching the exciting scenes. Hobbs also did a good job when describing the setting. You feel like your actually riding on horseback with Cloyd and Walter. The thing I liked most was the way Hobbs explained the setting making you feel right in the book. I thought Bearstone taught a good lesson of perseverance, just to keep going and working and it will pay off. I kept reading this book because you never knew what was coming next and I wanted to know so I kept reading. I would recommend this book to anyone who loves the outdoors, or over the age of ten, because some of the dialogue can be tricky to follow. I really enjoyed this book and I know others would to! Bearstone is so good I can't even put it into words!