Between the Lines by Jodi Picoult and Samantha van Leer | Teen Ink

Between the Lines by Jodi Picoult and Samantha van Leer

By A.Marcus DIAMOND, Landing, New Jersey
A.Marcus DIAMOND, Landing, New Jersey

"Whatever our souls are made of, his and mine are the same."
-Emily Bronte

"A shadow is the most loyal friend."
-Amanda Marcus

Do characters cease to exist when you close the book?  The collaborative book “Between the Lines” by mother and daughter authors Jodi Picoult and Samantha van Leer explores that exact question in this page turner.

For an avid reader, books come to life, and I guess in the world both authors created, it really does!  Through the use of multiple POVs (point of views) and with a twist of romance, the reader gets pulled into both the world of an eternally young princely character and an average teenage girl with average teenage girl problems.  The characters are easy to relate to, the descriptions are undeniably brilliant and, just to make it a bit more fun, the book is printed in color with pictures and the original storybook included!

I personally loved the book and couldn’t stop reading after I picked it up at the library.  I went out and bought the book after that because I thought it was so good!  I highly recommend reading this book and, if you enjoy the style and less romantic books in a more realistic genre, check out Jodi Picoult’s other books!

I was instantly inspired to write a review on this book as I really enjoyed it!