Sherlock Holmes by Conan Doyle | Teen Ink

Sherlock Holmes by Conan Doyle

By Sara_Ali GOLD, Karachi, Other
Sara_Ali GOLD, Karachi, Other

From the beginning, I love reading books. When I get a chance to have a look on the book entitled "THE MYSTERIOUS ADVENTURES OF SHERLOCK HOLMES" I found no interest due to a not fascinating book cover and no picture!

But a very famous Proverb:

Dont judge a book by its cover ..!!

My interest in suspense stories made me reluctant to buy that heavy book. Anyways, at night (the most suitable time for reading book) I hit my pillows and hid under my warm blanket and opened the book.

Just after a few minutes, my point of view was changed. It's such an awesome book that I can't stop my self till I have finished half of the book. Although it took more than midnight!

CHARACTERS:

The main characters are the detective Sherlock Holmes and his friend or assistant Dr. Watson. Basically, Dr. Watson is narrating different cases of his friend Sherlock Holmes. I like the book, chiefly because of containing few characters arround which a chapter revolves.

VOCABULARY:

As for my opinion, I prefer simple and easy words that anyone can easily understand and get meaning of what the author is trying to elaborate.

The writer has used simple words to describe the event. Especially, I love descriptions given by Dr. Watson about everyone in the book.

MAIN THEME:

The main theme or the idea of the book is SUSPENSE. The writer has splendid creativity of hiding the main criminal till end with great suspense especially in chapters THE RESIDENT PATIENT , THE CROOKED MAN and THE THREE STUDENTS. The case looking as it is criminal or killer case becomes suicide case in the last! The writer has a great ability over pen.

I prefer young writers (Teens) to make READING BOOKS as your hobby. Must go through books of Sherlock Holmes if you are interested in suspense.