Miles to Go by Miley Cyrus | Teen Ink

Miles to Go by Miley Cyrus MAG

By NoRulesJustWrite PLATINUM, Ada, Michigan
NoRulesJustWrite PLATINUM, Ada, Michigan

Stay happy, stay weird, and don't let anyone take away your smile.

Miles to Go took me on a road trip through the life of a girl I thought I already knew everything about. Boy, was I wrong. With every sentence, I felt like Miley was talking to me, having a sister-to-sister chat. She wrote this book with her heart, and that is why it is so meaningful.

Miley is not a cookie-cutter celebrity, like many say. She knows where she came from and won’t forget it. She lives by her values and holds onto her strong faith.

Miley’s family is always her top priority. While she may be famous and live in L.A., who she is hasn’t changed. If her little sister, Noah, wants her to stay home and watch a movie, Miley will. Even if Miley gets invited to a celebrity party, it’s clear that she will choose her family first.

My favorite part of the book was when she talks about Vanessa, a girl who was, as Miley puts it, “the sister God forgot to give me.” Vanessa was a 9-year-old suffering from cystic fibrosis. Miley met her at a hospital and they became instant friends. Miley kept in contact with her family and often visited Vanessa at the hospital or called when she was on tour. One day Miley called only to find out that Vanessa’s time on Earth had ended. Miley was devastated. She immediately got off the tour bus and lay down in a frozen field. This was when Miley realized how much she had needed Vanessa, and how important it is to love every day and not take it for granted. This was just one of Miley’s many beautiful stories.

Somewhere between introducing us to Pappy Cyrus, who changed so many lives, learning to accept her “cankles,” and sharing her love for eating eggs with syrup, Miley connects with readers. For someone so young, Miley is one of the most brilliant people I have ever seen. Her fame hasn’t changed her; she stays grounded with the help of her family and her faith.

When this book came out, I became Miley’s number-one fan all over again. In reading Miles to Go, I felt like a part of the family.

HOPEMVP said...
I totally agree with u

TanazMasaba GOLD, Dhaka, Other

"You've gotta dance like there's nobody watching,
Love like you'll never be hurt,
Sing like there's nobody listening,
And live like it's Heaven on Earth."

---William W. Purkey

i dnt really like miley but i wanna read this. I love reading because it gives me a clearer viwe of the world through other people's eyes

BasketballChick5, San Diego, California

:)Just Do It:) <3

i never read it because i don't like her!!!!!!Lol sorry people who love here but she's a totall brat!

The_Fourth_Black_Sister GOLD, Verona, New York

In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on.
-Robert Frost

I loved this book, but I'm not a fan of Miley Cyrus. I don't know I've just never liked her or her music.

BasketballChick5, San Diego, California

:)Just Do It:) <3

sara!5,

i agree with she! when she first came out everyone was inlove with her! And i liked her to till now she is so annoything and FAKE!!!!and i hate when stars do that caus ethey become total snobbs!!!!!!!!

Sara!5 said...
I think Miley Cyris is Nice but she is totally FAKE! I liked her when she first came out she was awesome! Now she annoy's me! But i Love her song Party In the U.S.A and 7things i hate about you and Climd.!===========<3SARA<3

Darley SILVER said...
Darley SILVER, Meadow Vista, California

" What matters most is how you see yourself."

She has great voice but... She is acting like something she is not

Ambie BRONZE said...
Ambie BRONZE, Millville, Pennsylvania

"If it can be dreamed, it can be done."

Same here!!!!

dbzfan13 said...
well that was lovely and when ever i hear pepes talking bad about miley i always get angry i used 2 dislike her but now i dont peace out (^ _^)

well i still think shes not good cause wehen she started to go on the pole.

lovevball said...
lovevball, Middletown, Maryland
This is Great! Now i really want to read it!!

malerie BRONZE said...
malerie BRONZE, East Hartford, Connecticut

I just realized. I don't care.-Happy Bunny

i think miley is a good person overall, and this book proves it.

forgottenpenname GOLD, Troy, Michigan

"Carpe diem."

I've read this book twice and both times really enjoyed it... I'm not as big of a fan of Miley as I was a couple years ago, but she's still my favorite celebrity, and Miles to Go always reminds me why.

Great review! I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who felt how deep the book was. :)

sp123 said...
It may not be anti- Christian but it's not in the Christian faith to do some of those things either..I never said it was anti- Christian , I said God didn't say to do those things..he said to respect your body. It's the only body God gave you that He created. (And just because it's an individual's decision doesn't mean that it's right or should be done). If you're wondering, yes, I do think that getting tattoos and piercing your belly button aren't very respectful to your body. Yeah everyone makes mistakes, but forgiveness can only be achieved if you're truly sorry..and that's between Miley and God.

I didn't think anything of her book,though I have never read it. now my opinion has changed after reading this and I think it sounds really sad and uplifting. I have been ripping on miley a lot for every one of her mistakes but I am starting to realizes that she is a person. even if she is a bad singer.

She goes to The People's Church in Montrose, CA every Sunday and her middle name is her dad's middle name, not some random name. If she wants to have a belly ring, she can. It doesn't have anything to do with whether she is Christian or not. In Christian faith, we believe in redemption and forgiveness. Everyone makes mistakes; Miley's are just out for millions to see. That doesn't mean we can't forgive her. Miley IS a Christian and she DOES stay true to her faith.

hmlvr678 said...
That was so rude! She didn't write the book to get money. She already has enough money to last her a life time. If you looked in the back of the book, there is a list of the 100 things Miley wants to do before she dies. Write her life story. Not get money from writing a book. Please be more careful when you write comments from now on!

Miley does go to church. Every Sunday, she attends The People's Church in Montrose, CA. She changed her name because that's what her family has always called her. She changed her middle name to Ray, which is her father's middle name as well. It's not like she was going against her family when she did it. And, if she wants to have a belly button ring, then that is her decision. It doesn't mean she still can't be a Christian . Everyone makes mistakes, even Christians , and when Miley does, she apologizes for them and tries to fix them. As a Christian , I believe in redemption and forgiveness. Miley is worthy of these things, for she is a Christian and she DOES stay true to her faith.

Miley does go to church. She goes with her family every Sunday to The People's Church in Montrose, CA. She changed her name because that's what her family has always called her and she changed her middle name to her dad's middle name. It's not like she was going against her family when she did it. She has the right to choose whether or not to have a belly button ring. So what if she has one? It doesn't mean she can't still be a Christian . And sure, everyone makes mistakes. It's human nature. Miley is not proud of some of the things she has done in her life (ex. pictures, vanity fair). But, she's just a teenager and she is learning. She apologizes when she does something wrong and she fixes her own mistakes. As a Christian myself, I believe in redemption and forgiveness. Miley is a Christian and a great person, so please don't say things you don't know are true.

sp123 said...
What's so weird about believing in God and staying true to your faith?

btw I've never met anyone normal.