Wings of Fire: Talons of Power by Tui T. Sutherland | Teen Ink

Wings of Fire: Talons of Power by Tui T. Sutherland

March 10, 2017
By Cinimod SILVER, Vauxhall, Alberta
Cinimod SILVER, Vauxhall, Alberta
5 articles 0 photos 0 comments

The new book in the Wings Of Fire series, Talons of Power Book 9 is amazing. It is a continuation of the last three books Moon Rising, Winter Turning and Escaping Peril. The last four books have been about a group of dragonets, (tiny dragons) who are facing the problems of uniting the dragon tribes, and stopping dangerous animus magic. These dragonets are attending a school for all the dragon tribes; there is the Mudwings, they live in a marshy area, there is also the Sandwings, they live in the desert,there is the Seawings, who live in the sea, there is also the Skywings, who live in the high mountains, there Rainwings, they in the forest, Icewings live in the North, and the Nightwings, home unknown but is revealed finally in this book.

At school the dragonets are divided up into five groups, each with one member from each tribe. Except that the Skywings are having a civil war, which will not be described, so you can read it yourself. A little bit of the beginning will be described, as it is important. It the last book Escaping Peril, Peril (a dragon) accidently free’s Darkstalker from deep within a mountain. Darkstalker is over 2000 years old and one of the largest dragons ever. The reason for being imprisoned is that he was planning to “save” the world by controlling every single dragon. Darkstalker has the power to read thoughts, see the future, and has the power of animus magic. Which is ultimate power, except that you lose your soul slowly. Darkstalker found a way to stop this.  To find out how he was captured, read the side book to the series called the Wings of Fire - Legends - Darkstalker.

Back to the story. The story is about a Seawing prince, Turtle, who isn’t noticed a lot, due to the fact the he has over 35 some brothers and 3 sisters. When he was 2 years old he realised that had ancient animus magic, keeping it hidden from everyone, he sank into the background.

He enchanted a stick to protect him from Darkstalkers powers and it worked. Turtle never wanted to be the hero in a story, but only a messenger. Somehow things never go Turtle’s way in the end.

This incredible book is very suspenseful, full of twist and turns. It is a page turn, whenever a new book in the series comes out, you have to read it. The interesting plots really get your mind turning. To start the series off at the beginning read, “Wings of Fire - The Dragonet Prophecy.”

P.S. Thank you Tui. T. Sutherland.