A League of Their Own | Teen Ink

A League of Their Own

By trentfinegan BRONZE, Jonesville, Michigan
trentfinegan BRONZE, Jonesville, Michigan

In our film study class, we the students had to choose a movie we have never watched and do a movie review and poster over it. The movie I chose was “A League of Their Own.”The movie was made in 1992 and was directed by Penny Marshall. This movie takes place in 1943 in Rockford, Illinois. It is about ladies playing professional baseball, while their husbands are overseas fighting in the war. The main characters are Jimmy Duncan(Tom Hanks), Kit Keller (Lori Petty), and Dottie Hinston (Geena Davis). Jimmy is the manager and Dottie and Kit are the stars of the baseball team.

In my opinion, I ranked this movie as a 4.5 out of 5. I really enjoyed this movie because I love baseball and I thought it was a well put together movie with very little mistakes. A League of Their Own is rated PG because there is no violence or sexual scenes that are played in the movie. I would highly recommend this movie because it was very interesting to watch a movie about women taking the spots of men in professional baseball. The best thing about this movie is when Kit dives into Dottie at home plate to score the game winning run.

I thought the movie was very exciting because there was something always going on and there were no boring parts of the movie. The acting and dialogue was very believable because there was a lot of baseball speech and terms throughout the entire movie. The acting was very good in my opinion because girls playing baseball in the 1940’s was a lot different then it is today and they made it look very realistic.

The costumes were very realistic because they look exactly how they did in the 1940’s. The setting was also very realistic because during the whole movie, all the characters had old clothes that made them look like they were part of the war period. The baseball stadiums also looked very realistic because they were small with small bleachers. Also, the bags looked like pillows because they would flatten when the girls would slide into them. I would recommend this movie to people who like baseball and people who like movies about history and World War II. I recommend this movie to these kinds of people because this would be very interesting for people who like to learn the things that happened at home during the war. In my opinion, I really liked the film because I like baseball and I liked the way the director put everything together and made everything look realistic.