Corpse Bride | Teen Ink

Corpse Bride

By SecretButterfly16 GOLD, Sacramento, California
SecretButterfly16 GOLD, Sacramento, California

Be the change you want to see - Ghandi

Can a dead bride be beautiful? No? Well I'm here to tell you that you are absolutely wrong. Let me drag you into the insane world of Tim Burton's head. You see, Burton has made many movies. Some you may recognize, such as Coraline and Nightmare before Christmas,but the greatest movie he has ever made is Corpse Bride. It is the sad story of a bride who met her deadly end before she was to be wed.

Corpse bride came out on September 16th 2005 and was directed by Tim Burton and Mike Johnson. The movie is a stop motion animation about a man named Victor, voiced by Johnny Depp who was set up with an arranged marriage by his parents for financial reasons. Things don't go according to plan and he ends up married to a corpse named Emily, voiced by Helena Carter. You see Emily was a bride before her unknown fiance didn't love her, he loved her money so he came up with a deadly plan. Emily was killed by her fiance and devoted years of waiting till her rightful love to come and marry her officially which lead victor down to the “underworld” married to Emily and now he needs to find a way out because it was a huge mistake.

This fantasy/drama will leave you breathless with the detail and plot. I've personally watched this movie over 30 times. Even though the movie came out in 2005, it’s a movie that never gets old.  If anything, it gets better with the passing of time because it's a classic. The Corpse Bride won the Future Film Festival Digital Award and the screenplay was written by Caroline Thompson, John August and Pamela Pettler.

This movie is great for all ages, is romantic and whimsical,  and overall I would highly recommend the movie for young adults and older. The movie is a must see and is a classic. This movie gets better with time,  and I believe that it really doesn't get the recognition it deserves. When we fall in love, it's natureś design, but who we fall in love with comes into question when that person is a corpse.