Lady Bird | Teen Ink

Lady Bird

January 23, 2024
By RRparis BRONZE, Sacramento, California
RRparis BRONZE, Sacramento, California
4 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Just because you put a guy in a tuxedo doesn't make him a good guy".

-Allen Iverson


    Lady Bird, is a coming to age film directed by Greta Gerwig, Lady Bird is an emotional exploration of adolescence and identity. Saoirse Ronan shines as Christine 'Lady Bird' McPherson, a high school senior having struggles with her sense of self. The film captures Lady Bird's hard time to break free from her small-town life and her quest for a fresh start on the East Coast. Gerwig's authentic portrayal of teenage life, along with Ronan's heartfelt performance, make this film an unforgettable journey through the highs and lows of growing up. 


One of the standout aspects of the film is the complex mother-daughter relationship, which is both relatable and deeply moving. Overall, Lady Bird is a beautifully crafted film.


In my opinion Lady Bird deserves the credits it gets, it shines the light on Sacramento and can be very relatable to teenagers and adults and that's what a good coming of age film is showing personal growth and finding some sort of beauty in her struggle.


One memorable quote from "Lady Bird" is when Lady Bird says, "I wish I could live through something." It captures her longing for experiences and her desire for something more in her life. It's a relatable line that many people can resonate with, especially during times of transition and self-discovery.

Ultimately Lady bird is one of the best coming of age films of all time. It had good dialogue and entertaining funny moments with a very good plot and with a touchy ending.This is not a fast watch and forget this is a movie that’s going to be watched for generations to come.