It Takes Two | Teen Ink

It Takes Two

By LucySense1 SILVER, Cannon Falls, Minnesota
LucySense1 SILVER, Cannon Falls, Minnesota

“It Takes Two” is a romantic comedy movie that has me wanting to play this movie on repeat. The first time I watched this movie I was around four years old; I’ve been watching it non-stop ever since. One of the reasons why I enjoy “It Takes Two” is because of the immaculate plot twists. “It Takes Two” is one of many amazing movies. This movie has extraordinary characters that create powerful dialogue which leads this movie into a series of plot twists. 

There are many great things about this movie, but the characters are the most important. The characters are a vital part of a movie especially this one because “It Takes Two” needs a lot of emotion and the casting director chose great actors/actresses to do so. These characters have great personalities as well. For example, one of my favorites in this movie, Amanda Lemmons, played by Mary-Kate Olson, quotes this remarkable saying, “All this money and these people eat slugs?”. This quote provides in immense detail just how powerful and dramatic Amanda’s personality is. The great characters in this movie help to create another crucial part of the movie, the dialogue. 

Another essential part of the movie “It Takes Two” is the dialogue. Dialogue is essential in anything like books, plays, movies, and many other things. One of the reasons why dialogue is such an important part of a movie is because it dictates what is said and how it is said. “I know. It's got to be that can’t-eat, can’t-sleep, reach-for-the-stars, over-the-fence, World Series kind of stuff, right?”, this quote by Amanda Lemmon (Mary-Kate Olson) is my favorite quote from this movie. This quote showcases her sassy personality when talking to Dianne Barrows (Kirstie Alley) about relationships. The dialogue helps add structure to another crucial part of this movie which is the plot twists.

Lastly, another important part of this movie is the plot twists. Plot twists are a significant part of any movie if it’s interesting, and keeps the audience entertained. The plot twists in interesting movies tend to add more suspense, leading me to want to continue watching and re-watching the movie. SPOILER WARNING! My favorite plot twist in this movie is when the two sisters plan the horse crash incident. Amanda (Twin #1) and Diane (Amanda’s social worker) each get on a horse from camp and then Alyssa (Twin #2) and Roger (Alyssa’s Dad) get on a horse from their stable and the two girls run off and leave the two adults. This scene ends with one of the twins shooting Diane’s horse with a rock. The horse takes off and Diane’s horse runs into Roger's horse. This describes part of only one of the many plot twists of this wonderful movie. 

I hope this review will have many individuals wanting to watch this movie and see some of the amazing things about “It Takes Two” including, Characters, Dialogue, and some of the many Plot Twists. After watching this movie I hope everyone will grow to love it just as much as I have, and still watch it on repeat for many years to come. The movie came out in November of 1995 and I couldn’t imagine them remaking it any superior than it already is.