Just another Shrek review | Teen Ink

Just another Shrek review

Shrek is a movie that I think needs no introduction. It was released in April of 2001. The movie was animated by Dreamworks. Shrek was the directorial debut for Andrew Adamson and Vicky Jenson. It is loosely based on a children's book of the same name.

There's a lot I can say about the movie shrek. But then again what is there to say that hasn’t been said. The movie was a success and won several awards. It had a couple of sequels. It had an impact on animation.

The film starts off with Shrek just living the average ogre life. At night time, a gaggle of different fairytale creatures show up to his home. They reveal that Lord Farquaad exiled them so Shrek and a talking donkey decide to visit Lord Farquaad. The two go to Duloc and Shrek ends up participating in a tournament. Shrek ends up winning and makes a deal with Lord Farquaad. Shrek and Donkey then go on a quest to find princess Fiona.

I thought this movie was alright. I liked the character designs and the animation style a bit. Lord Farquaad’s plans were a little bit convoluted. The humor can be outdated at times but there were some moments I laughed at. The writing is decent and I especially liked the build up to the plot twist.

Shrek is a movie that I feel like it hasn’t been done before. I did enjoy this movie a lot. It was something that anyone can enjoy. It is a film that has an interesting plot and interesting characters. It can be outdated at times but it has moments that don't. I would recommend Shrek for anyone who’s interested in animation or just likes media from the 2000s.

Review for the hit movie shrek