The Last Airbender | Teen Ink

The Last Airbender

By AnnieW BRONZE, Greenville, South Carolina
AnnieW BRONZE, Greenville, South Carolina

When I saw the The Last Airbender was coming out I was exscatic. I am a big fan of the original cartoon series, and was happy to see it come to the big screen. When i went to the midnight premier I was meet by a big very diverse crowd, considering there were only three show times. As soon as the movie starts you can recognize one of many differences in this movie, the pronunciation of the main characters name. This distracted many of the movie goers throughout the movie. The movie as a whole went down hill from there. Although the special effects were decent, there was no action to back it up, with bad acting,and dull characters to boot. Halfway through the movie I thought to myself " why am i still here?". If Paramount does choose to make the second instalment in the series, i do hope it is under the direction of someone new, please no more Shyamalan! Over all this was a dull movie, that could have been made into something great.

hart said...
The pronunciation in the movie is actually correct if you are going by the native japanese pronunciation rules.

SomeCallHerRayRay BRONZE, Del Rio, Texas
As soon as I saw the previews I decided I wasn't even going to waste my money to see it. I'm still a huge fan of the animated series though. Hopefully the new series Mike and Brian are working on, Avatar: The Legend of Korra will make up for the horror that was the live action movie D:

Guccilover said...
I have to agree with frenchie, the movie (although zuko was cute in person) was ghastly! i had high expectations because even though i never read the book, i loved the show. I mean i only laughed once throughout the movie and that too i was the only one that laughed in the theaters (embarassing).  Also (this may be a small thing haha) in the show zuko's uncle was like four feet tall but in the movie he's much taller! Overall the movie isnt worth seeing in theaters and i was disappointed.