The Notebook | Teen Ink

The Notebook

By Ella1 GOLD,
Ella1 GOLD,

Nick Cassavetes creates a compelling treasure with his production of The Notebook, adapted from Nicholas Sparks’ bestselling novel. The audience is first transferred into the story with spectacular cinematography of a serene lakeside view and birds soaring across a warm, vibrant horizon. Sammy Fain’s “I’ll Be Seeing You,” plays softly as the audience is taken with the aura of beauty and tranquility.

The story begins in Seabrook, South Carolina during the summer of 1940. Allie Hamilton (Rachel McAdams) catches the eye of Noah Calhoun (Ryan Gosling) at a late night summer carnival. As Noah stares, mesmerized by Allie’s strawberry curls and radiant smile, the audience realizes the sincerity of love at first sight. After their first encounter at the carnival, Noah and Allie inexorably fall in love and their problems seem to fade for a short period of time as they spend every spare moment by each other’s side. Likewise, the audience melts away into a whole new world as they are immersed in the story.

As with any great love story, Noah and Allie’s love is tested by the sharp twists of reality. As the two grow apart, a sense of nostalgia resonates in the audience as they remember Noah and Allie’s past summer spent under the stars.

Academy award nominees Ryan Gosling and Rachel McAdams give breathtaking and heartfelt performances in this film. They create a story and love that will never be forgotten. Words just don’t do justice to the intensity and emotion weaved into the film. To fully appreciate the films beauty I encourage you to see it for yourself.

pen_ups said...
pen_ups, Wilmington, North Carolina
This is my favorite movie of all time. It makes me cry everytime, the actors, the plot, the setting, everything is perfect.