Stepbrothers | Teen Ink

Stepbrothers

Once I heard that Will Ferrell and John C. Reilly were going to make another movie I thought to myself, “Wow the dynamic duo at it once again”. The film received an R rating, and well, I think it was the right thing to do. The film showed absurd comedy that only Will Ferrell and John C. Reilly could pull off (I mean really who else could possibly pose as two 40 year old immature men who still live with their parents).

Will Ferrell who plays the role of Brennan Huff, Nancy Huff (Mary Steenburgen) the widow mother’s son, has an intense comedic performance in the film and shows that he can very well be an emotional wreck at the age of 39. And John C. Reilly who is Dale Doback, Robert Doback (Richard Jenkins) widowed father’s son, is the next masterpiece of this film showing how easy it can be to play a greedy stepbrother.
The moment Robert saw Nancy it was love at first sight, a couple of words later the couple believed that they were perfect for each other. Soon Nancy moved in with Robert and the two brothers were forced to live in the same room. At first, the brothers despised each other and did ridiculous but cruel things to each other. Shortly afterwards they found out that they were not so different. They began doing things together and were inseparable, but all good things must come to an end, for soon their parents decided to do something which would split the whole family apart.
The movie Stepbrothers has hysterical comedy and a really good meaning to it. And knowing that Will Ferrell and John C. Reilly are in it you know that it will be an exquisite film. I recommend this film to anyone that wants to have a good time and likes laughing until the next catch phrase.