Pitch Perfect | Teen Ink

Pitch Perfect

Pitch-Slapping Review

Pitch Perfect is a hilarious and heartfelt movie that is all about acapella. The audience was laughing uncontrollably throughout the whole movie.

Beca is a freshman at Barden University. She joins the all-girls acapella singing group. The lead singers are Aubrey, played by Anna Camp and Chloe, played by Brittany Snow. It takes a long time, through brawls and cat fights, to make Beca finally join the group. They go head-to-head against "The Treblemakers," lead by Bumper, played by Adam DeVine and Jesse, played by Skylar Astin. It is a tough competition for the "Barden Bellas," as they fight to reach the finals to see who has the perfect pitch.

During the movie, laughs arose all throughout the movie theater. The characters were all great at acting, and singing! The funniest character was Fat Amy, played by the one and only Rebel Wilson. Her Australian accent was the main cause of her comedic character.

This movie is one of the most funniest movies I have ever seen. It is humorous and enjoyable. There are many singing movies, but this one was a lot different. It was much more amusing.

There was not that much this movie taught. Although, there was one line that caught my attention. It was when Jesse said to Beca, "Endings are the best part." It means that it always gets good in the end.

Since this movie has some inappropriate parts, I would recommend to people 13+, and adults of course. Overall, it was a hilarious movie that really anyone would enjoy. I would give this 5 stars!