Upside Down | Teen Ink

Upside Down

November 17, 2013
By upintheclouds201 SILVER, West Point, Virginia
upintheclouds201 SILVER, West Point, Virginia
6 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
You will soon be reunited with a close friend. ---From a random fortune cookie.


I recently had the pleasure of watching this movie, and I have to say, I was pleasantly surprised. The film boils down to two things: a forbidden love story and some truly breathtaking visuals. Also, the premise of Upside Down is fresh and original, and it's unlike anything I've ever seen before.

The film begins with Adam telling the story of his planet, unique from others in that it is the only one that has dual gravity. Two planets exist next to each other. He meets someone from the world above his own at a young age, and for several years, they continue to meet at the same place, at the top of a mountain. Adam and Eden soon develop a strong love for each other, but like in all movies, complications arise. After a tragic event that separates them, Adam spends the rest of the movie trying to get back to her.

You really do need to see this on Blu-ray to fully experience this movie in all of its visual splendor. There were many parts where I was completely amazed by the lighting and the environments of the movie, and I am disappointed that it didn't get the attention it deserved. This really is an amazing film, both in its visuals and the overall premise.This has easily become one of my favorite movies. It certainly is different, but once you realize that, you will lose yourself in the worlds that are created here.


The author's comments:
I absolutely love this film.