Wall Street | Teen Ink

Wall Street MAG

"Wall Street" is a compelling film in which Charlie Sheen plays a young stocktrader struggling at his new job. Sheen is brilliant, and the supporting cast,including his father, Martin Sheen, is also excellent.

In the beginning,Bud Fox (Sheen) is struggling with cold-calling investment bankers and asking formoney to invest. His father, Carl (Martin Sheen), eventually loans his son themoney. In doing this, Carl tells him an insider secret. Although illegal, Budtells his associates to buy the stock immediately.

He also tells GordonGecco (Michael Douglas), a hot-shot investment banker who buys the stock. Soonthe stock soars and Gecco makes a lot of money. Realizing the young trader mighthave talent, he encourages Bud to work for him.

And so Bud joins Gecco,but finds out that Gecco has been illegally receiving insider trade information.He starts to break the law himself and makes millions. Gecco makes a big mistakeby taking Bud for granted, and Bud realizes his own mistake in trusting Gecco andplays games with his stocks. Gecco, powerful man that he is, won't rest until hehas revenge.

Douglas and Sheen are amazing, and their talents truly riseto the occasion. This 1987 film is a classic in its interpretation of WallStreet.