Jerry Maguire | Teen Ink

Jerry Maguire

Contradicting my girlyness, I am into some sports. Even though my father plays football and only has girls to raise as jocks, I draw my line at softball and cheerleading which he considers “girly sports”. I watch him play football, but I don’t like to watch the games on TV and I most definitely don’t watch sports movies. Surprisingly, a sports movie changed my opinion. The story of a sports agent, Jerry Maguire (Tom Cruise), who has a moral epiphany and is fired for expressing it, takes his philosophy to become independent, the only client willing to stay with him, Rod Tidwell (Cuba Gooding Jr.), and the one woman man enough to stand up and stick by him, Dorothy Boyd (Renee Zellweger).

Integrating both romance and sports, Jerry Maguire, is great for both women and men. In a huge business that requires no sympathy and absolutely no affection Jerry is at the top of the A list but one night he expresses his true feelings about the trap his company is, resulting in the loss of his career. Jerry then has to learn how to live in the real world and realizes how much his career has dug into his personality. Trying to be an agent who actually cares about his clients and also a caring husband Jerry is put to the ultimate test.

This movie is great for all even the girliest of girly girls. I recommend it to those who like sports, friendship, and romance.