Napoleon Dynamite | Teen Ink

Napoleon Dynamite

By Joan.C BRONZE, Thornton, Colorado
Joan.C BRONZE, Thornton, Colorado

Napoleon Dynamite

Napoleon Dynamite is a fun movie that the whole family can watch. Napoleon Dynamite tells the story of an unpopular teen who faces problems at school and with his family. Although Napoleon Dynamite is a fun movie to watch, people do not notice what the maker of this film (Jared Hess) tries to show us.
Napoleon Dynamite is a fun film many people should watch because it is unlike any other comedies. People that don’t watch comedies because they think most contain sexual content and drug usage, should watch this movie because this film proves that not all comedies contain such inappropriate things . This film is great for those who have had horrible or difficult days, and for those that wish to smile. This film will keep the audience laughing for minutes when Napoleon tries to ask out a girl to prom by drawing her a picture, when Napoleon tries to do a “cool” stunt on a bike, and when he tries to flirt with Deb another main character in the film.

The movie is about a teen by the name Napoleon who dresses up differently from his classmates and has an awesome afro and is judged badly by his appearance. Napoleon is willing to help his friend Pedro who is a foreign student run for class president. This movie is unique because it took place where most people have little knowledge about other than its most produced vegetable, the potato. Not much is known about Idaho’s landscape until you watch the movie. What was also interesting about his film was that they only spent about $400,000 and it was a good movie, while other movies like Transformers: Dark of the Moon, the makers spent about $195,000,000 and it was not really creative or cool.
This movie is important because it still connects with society and life. What this film shows us is that it does not matter how you look or where you come from, you can achieve many goals. Pedro and Napoleon proved this by dancing and winning the campaign. Another thing this movie shows the public is that the schools do not give enough tater tots because people have tried to take Napoleon’s tater tots.
Napoleon Dynamite is a fun movie that everyone should watch because they might learn something. Many people will love the story of the teen faces problems but solves them by dancing, eating tater tots, and voting for Pedro. Vote for Pedro!